Fielding Primary School Summer Fair
Fielding Primary School in West Ealing have introduced several initiatives to cut plastic waste at their fairs, which should inspire others organising similar events.
- Refreshment stalls charged a pound deposit on reusable cups.
- Pupils could buy branded water bottles and get access to unlimited tap water and squash.
- Craft stalls upcycled fabric offcuts and made t-shirts into bags and hairbands.
- A recycling reward stall encouraged children to bring rubbish and receive school house points, stickers and penny sweets. This also helped to educate them on what can be recycled as they didn’t get rewarded for non-recyclable rubbish.
- For future events, the school’s looking to reduce waste further by bulk buying eg kegs of beer, cider and soft drinks served from large bottles.
Well done Fielding!